Call us at (888) 99-QUOTE
Save Big on Motorcycle Insurance!
- Great Low Motorcycle Insurance Rates For All Riders!
- Bikers Club Discounts, Motorcycle Safety Course Discounts & More!
- No Motorcycle License? No Problem! Great Low Rates for Unlicensed Riders!
- Tickets, Accidents, DUIs? No Worries! We’ll Get You Cheap Motorcycle Insurance!
- Get Your Cycle Insurance Quote Today! Get an Online Motorcycle Insurance Quote in 3 Minutes or Call 888-997-8683 to Speak to a Licensed Agent!
Get great rates on Motorcycle Insurance! Request your free motorcycle insurance quote online in minutes or by calling us toll free at (888) 99-QUOTE. We work with multiple motorcycle insurance companies so that we can get you a great rate on your motorcycle insurance regardless of your driving history, even if you don’t even have a motorcycle license! Get your Free Motorcycle Insurance Quote Today and see how much we can save you!
Motorcycle Insurance FAQ’s
1. How do insurance companies rate motorcycle insurance?
Insurance companies rate motorcycle insurance much like auto insurance with a few differences. Here’s a list of the main rating factors used to determine your motorcycle insurance rates….
- Zip code – Areas with a greater history of losses rate higher
- Date of birth – Wisdom and safety come with age
- Driving experience – More experience equals lower rates
- Marital Status – Married riders enjoy a little lower rates
- Violation history – More violations, more premium
- Coverages requested – Better coverages, higher premiums
- Motorcycle Value – Only when purchasing full coverage
- CC Size – Size matters, bigger engines pay more
- Cycle endorsement date – the date you got a motorcycle license
- Discounts & other rating factors – ask your company for details
- Credit – Some companies will use your credit score if the state allows credit to be used as a rating factor
2. Do I have to have a motorcycle license to purchase motorcycle insurance?
You don’t have to obtain a motorcycle license to purchase motorcycle insurance however, having a motorcycle license does have a bearing on your rates. Having a class M license shows the insurance company that you are an experienced rider and less likely to be involved in an accident. The longer you’ve had your motorcycle license, the lower the rates. There are many companies available for you to purchase motorcycle insurance from even if you don’t have a license but be prepared to pay a higher rate than those with a license.
3. Why is full coverage so much more than liability insurance on my bike?
The reason why full coverage insurance on a motorcycle is so much higher than liability is simply because of the risk involved. Remember, liability insurance covers others, what you’re liable for, and not your bike itself and full coverage covers your bike as well as liability. If you hit someone with your motorcycle, your insurance company has to pay for damages you caused to others and their property. How much damage can you really cause with a motorcycle? That’s why liability motorcycle insurance is usually so inexpensive. The damage you can cause with your bike reflects the rates you pay on liability. Now, it’s a whole another story when it comes to full coverage. Almost any kind of accident will cause extensive damage to your bike that would have to be paid for resulting in much higher rates. Get quotes on both and compare your options before making a decision.
4. Are there benefits in using an agency to quote my motorcycle insurance?
There are great benefits in using an agency for motorcycle insurance quotes. Agencies usually work with multiple carriers that have different guidelines, prefer different kinds of risks, offer different discounts and more. An agency can enter your information in a comparative rater and instantly see the rates of all the companies they have to offer you. If you need SR22 motorcycle insurance, an agency is probably your best bet as we work with multiple non standard carriers who offer this type of coverage.
5. How can I find the cheapest motorcycle insurance quotes?
When shopping for any kind of insurance quotes including motorcycle, you want to do your best in providing the most accurate information. The reason why you want to do this is that a company quoting you the lowest rates with let’s say no tickets will not usually be the lowest rate if you happen to have a ticket. Every company has their way of rating so when you are comparison shopping for your motorcycle insurance, provide accurate information especially with past tickets to ensure you’re comparing accurate rates. Also, take the time to quote from at least 3 different companies to understand the range of prices you should be paying. Lastly, make sure to get a quote from at least 1 agency as an agency instantly quotes multiple companies so 1 call gets you the lowest of many quotes. Insurance agents can usually also offer discounts and advice to find you the Lowest Motorcycle Insurance Quotes whether you need coverage for your street Motorbike or even if you’re looking for Harley Davidson Insurance.
Affordable Insurance for All Your Toys!
OnGuard Insurance no only offers affordable insurance for your motorcycle, we also offer great low rates for all of your toys! Get quick affordable insurance quotes online by clicking on the type of insurance below or call (888) 997-8683 to speak with an Agent!